What Are Body Worn Cameras?
A body worn camera, also referred to as a bodycam is a wearable video recording device. Typically, they comprise a camera, microphone and rechargeable battery with data storage that is either integrated or is a separate unit connected to the camera unit.
How Does a Body Camera Work?
Bodycams are usually clipped to the user’s chest, shoulder or worn as a headset with ‘push to record’ functionality that is controlled by the user. The camera will normally have a set of lights to indicate that it is on and recording.
Why Use a Body Worn Camera?
Body Worn Cameras are seen as one way to address the challenges law enforcement encounter. The technology offers real-time or recorded information when used by officers on assignments that bring them into contact with members of the community. They also provide law enforcement with a mobile surveillance tool to promote officer safety and efficiency and ultimately deter crime.
Chat-Com Supply Hytera and Motorola Body Cameras
Built for customer-facing teams, the VT100 includes customisable name tag and remote alarm activation which makes the VT100 a perfect fit for connected workers. Benefits include:
- Integrate with fixed CCTV cameras
Representing the next generation of body-worn cameras, the VB400 is suited to mobile video security applications where full shift recording and connectivity are needed.
- Rugged build quality
- High performance
- Multiple ways to connect
Compatible with all Hytera professional hand-portables, the VM550 body worn camera has superb HD quality video recording functionality and integrated speaker microphone, so you no longer need to wear 3 separate products.
It allows you to capture vital video evidence in the field so that your team feel safe and secure, whatever the situation. The benefits include:
- Compact, slim and secure
- Integrated speaker microphone and PTT
- Records in 1080P video quality
- Loud 2W speaker for crystal clear audio
- Hytera Integrated Device Station
- Intuitive software allows you to manage evidence securely and effortlessly.
- Collect and stores data by automatic upload
- Tag evidence for quick search
- Full backup and cloud storage
- User permissions to control access
- Secure to protect data (GDPR Compliant)
The Hytera body worn cameras come with a remote speaker microphone designed to capture, store, and share video, audio, and images in the field. Benefits include:
- 160-degree field of view – super wide-angle camera
- POC Radio – Integrated push-to-talk (PTT) two-way radio integration
- Fast Positioning – Delivers precise location quickly
- Advanced Encryption – technology to protect all the captured evidence
- Facial Recognition feature/ Man Down/ Disassembly Alarm/ No Movement Alarm/Camera Blocked Alarm