The Best Features of a Digital Two-Way Radio Network
Our Chat-Com networks are designed with the requirements of the customer in mind, which is scaled up and down based on the needs of the project. A typical set of requirements would be:
- To cover the entire site, with no ‘blackspots’
- Provide a network capable of handling at least 120 handheld radios, with 4 simultaneous conversations
- Provide robust and rugged handheld devices which can work in all weathers and environments
- The system must be capable of working for at least the next 3 years
- A health and safety benefit on site, to cover evacuation procedures, lone worker and panic situations
- Provide multiple channels on the radios, to allow different teams to talk together
- Be capable of growth, to allow new sub-contractors to join the network as they join the project
Two-Way Radio Accessories
Chat-Com recommend a range of radio accessories to complement the network and improve the safety of staff and improve ease of use. This would include:
- Remote Speaker Microphones to enable hands free comms
- High impact leather carry cases, to improve durability
- Helmet mount headphones, with noise cancelling technology
- D-type covert earpieces
- 6 Way and individual charging units
The Chat-Com Process – How Do You Setup a Two-Way Radio Network?
In order to cover the entire construction site with no blackspots, Chat-Com will supply a professional Digital Two-Way Radio Solution (Systems Radio Network) offering blanket site coverage (2KM minimum radius). This is provided with the use of a four stack UHF antenna, installed in a central location at an elevated position to provide full site coverage. Multiple Motorola SLR digital repeaters will ensure that team members can communicate from one side of the site to the other. The repeaters can be supplemented with a multi-channel antenna combiner (removing the need for multiple antennas and installation points).
This Chat-Com network can handle hundreds of digital handheld two-way radios across up to 99 channels. In order to grow the network further beyond the initial install, Chat-Com can add additional capacity with extra repeaters.
The networks we provide are designed to last for the duration of a multi-year project and is capable of growth, re-programming and re-installation where necessary.
Health and Safety Benefits of a Two-way Radio Network
The Chat-Com networks can include vital health and safety features such as:
- Emergency All-Call
- Lone Worker
To find out more about these features, you can read about them in our Health and Safety section.
Tell us what you need
Are you running or setting up a site and need the right communications package for smooth, efficient operations? Talk to our Chat-Com team to find out how we can help you. Call us on 01747 898 008 or email us at [email protected].
Chat-Com is an official Motorola Solutions Silver Reseller